"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Squeak....Squeak

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

With no activity on her visa for a week now since the "no show", it's beyond the time frame of "it just hasn't made it into the computer yet" and the State Department has recommended that the adoption agency needs to inquire. They have been recommending it for the last two days. When I first brought it up yesterday, the belief was that it wasn't quite necessary. I brought it up again today and shared with agency that neither the State Department nor I were as confident as they were that things were progressing. So, they will inquire with Korea on this matter.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Good girl! My thought when things tend to not go the way they're supposed to (and it happens) is to be pro-active. We've worked with so many agencies now between China and Korea that I've had to become more assertive (I'm sooo not) and realize that we put so much into these agencies and they really need to be our advocates in these type of situations. It's not asking too much for them to step in and handle this. They're the experts, not us. I'll be sending good thoughts for some activity.

Lucky Mama said...

I'm hoping you have good news tomorrow!

Tracie said...

Ugh! I can't believe this.

Prayers for you and for your daughter to be ready to come home very soon.

SNC said...

You just keep squeaking until you can bring her home! Hopefully you'll hear something tomorrow from C visit there at Eastern...I'm still thinking of you!

Eun Jin Lee said...

You are your daughter's advocate. The agency is not emotionally involved with getting her to you. Bug them as much as you have to in order for them to get moving. Call them everyday just to let them know that you are serious about wanting to know what the hold up is...
Thinking of you everyday.
Amber

Anonymous said...

To my lovebug: I can feel your frustration, not impatience, from 1,000 miles away. You could be compared to "having the patience of JOB", all of your life. Keep praying and "climbing that wall"; it will all be worth the time, many telephone calls and the paperwork. All of that will just be a memory once you hold that little girl.