"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lunch With Aspen

Aspen did not have a good day today. I think she is feeding off the anxiety of what is coming. She remembers the details of when the little boy left and we think that she is putting it together. I'm sure the foster parents' are trying to dealing with it best they can but they are sad. She took a bit to warm up to me today and she was very fidgety and a little distant.

The foster family brought bags of gifts for me, Steve and the boys. They gave Kathie and Randi gifts as well. They gave me a complete set of chopsticks/soup spoons, t shirts, Korean snacks, socks. Foster mom took a unique piece of Korean paper and wrote on it in Korean Aspen's Korean name and a beautiful message that brought tears to everyone's eyes. They sent with her Hanbok, chopsticks, children's music CD's, a stuffed penguin and a bag full of home made hair bows and barrettes that their oldest daughter made. They had already given me albums of pictures and home movie DVD's. It's an incredible amount of gifts. They are amazing people.

I can't believe tomorrow is our last day and we have to say good bye.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my lovebug: Do not be discouraged - this is to be expected, and not easy for any of you. Many of your blog friends have relayed their same feelings and experiences, negative and positive, when going through adoption. Time will heal the aching hearts, as time will bring total happiness to Aspen. Love you. Mom

Jayme said...

I just LOVE the updates and posts you have shared the past week. Poor little Aspen, I will be praying for your trip home and the goodbye. What a blessing that Foster Mom and Dad have tried to prepare her. I bet that will help a bunch. Looking forward to seeing you all together. :)

Lucky Mama said...

I'm sorry for the loss Aspen has and will experience in her life. I'm also so glad that her foster family is taking the time to ease the transition and try to make it easier on her. I will be thinking of you and aspen today.

Eun Jin Lee said...

Best advice I can think of for what is coming up...
Drop any expectations and RELAX... Aspen will have enough stress to carry for both of you so roll with what she wants to do (within reason that is)
She will have some hard times and need you to guide her on how to handle them.

Anonymous said...

It is so, so hard to say goodbye. I remember that day with Briar's foster mother oh, so well. I totally, completely agree with Amber, just go with the flow and know that she's going to have a lot of stress and anxiety. Just be there for her in her time of grieve and sorrow and do whatever it is she needs to get through it. You will do great. I can't wait to see all of you together! If you'd like to get together for the girls to play, I would love to meet all of you! Briar and Aspen are just 6 months apart in age and would probably become fast friends!

Tracie said...

I'm thinking of you. Best wishes in the coming days as Aspen and your family get to know each other.

(((hugs)))