Wow, where does the time go??? We've been home 11 months today. Last year at this time, I was obsessing about the issuing of the Visa and the upcoming travel call. And I mean I was obsessing!!! Everyone says that none of this will matter once you're home and they are so right. None of that time waiting even enters my mind as I have been enjoying every day with this little angel sent from God.
Our days have completely fallen into the typical routine of every other family. Last year, I was a crazy woman and I pulled everyone around me down the same crazy path that I constantly existed in. Now, we're doing play groups and activities at the kids cabin 2 days a week and gymnastics and birthday parties...just like a normal family. Every week, it's the same thing over and over again and I find such comfort in the predictable and routine. The roller coaster ride of adoption cures you of craziness and unpredictability. I love the control that we now have of our lives. I love that in emotion, in love and on paper we are a complete family free of any doubt or risks.
We have maintained a wonderful relationship with the foster family and are committed to skype with them once a month. I even long for another trip to Korea. It was so wonderful. I loved getting to know her birth country and having the opportunity to go somewhere so unlike anywhere I had been before.
I truly miss the regular contact of my fellow adoption families that I went through the process with. We would talk so frequently and share our anxieties. But, the up side to explain our fading contact is that we are all blissfully happy with our kids and family and we're too busy to talk as frequently as we did. Our lives have fallen into the busy routine of family life and I am sooo happy for all of us.
2 comments:
Great post Karen! I'm so happy that you and your family are happy. It's all so very true about the craziness turning into routine. We're still a little crazy but we're only at 8 months. I too miss my "regular" communication with you and some of the others from AAC, but think of you often (which prompted me to come to the blog today). I'm thankful for the blogs which at least keep us up-to-date on each other's lives. Enjoy the normalcy of your life these days and raise a glass to our lovely Korean cuties!
Karen-
I just stopped by to check in on your family and it sounds like you are all fantastic! I too miss my contact with the fellow adoption moms but as you said we fall into "normal" and that feels really good.
Samara will be 2 next month and we'll be celebrating her being home 11 months very soon. Can't believe how quickly it's gone. If you have a morning free we'd love to see you for coffee.
Post a Comment