"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 19, 2011 - 1 Year Home


I know that the hanbok is typically worn during a birthday celebration but I haven't had it on her in so long that I wanted to see her in it and this was a good opportunity. We went out for Korean food. She ate and ate some Kimchi.
This first year with Aspen has been exciting and tiring and quite the learning experience. We've learned a great deal about parenting this time around. Coming into this with a toddler required more patience and creativity in working through the daily trials of a 2 year old. The most astonishing thing that occured this year was how well she bonded with all of us. She warmed up to each of us on her own terms and in her own time. It was tough to watch as the last relationships formed, taking months sometimes to fully develop. We couldn't help immediately falling in love with her and it was difficult when that wasn't reciprocated. But, she is now close to everyone and knows how to use each of us to get what she wants. She tuned right in on our weaknesses and she turns on the charm which makes us all melt.

It has been unseasonably cold and snowy and today was no different.





Aspen gives the best hugs in the world.




Daddy and his princess.





In order to get well posed pictures, we have to get a few "crazy" picture first. This is Aspen's "crazy monster face".





Daddy, Aspen and Shane





Shane, Blake and Aspen



Aspen and Vaughn.






No Hanbok is complete without a pink pair of cowboy boots. Quite poetic really.....two homes....two cultures....bleneded into one outfit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just love all of these pictures - she has grown into a little girl in just one year. I especially love the first picture of you and her - the background is so beautiful with the snow on the ground. What a comparison between her 1st year picture in that outfit and this year; those pink boots just makes it perfect. She has adjusted so well, and I'm sure it was a learning experience for all of you...it doesn't take long for a child to learn how to get what they want - if not from one, then go to the other. The boys look so good, and I repeat, Vaughn should go into modeling, with that thick dark brown hair, white teeth and big blue eyes - good looking family, every one of you (I'm sure everyone agrees). Love you, Mom