"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Update

So much can happen in a few days. We got an update on Friday with good news. Our agency will be getting another license to handle adoptions in a Northern Vietnam province. They also expect a batch of referrals to come in January 2008 which is probably the best news we've had in months. I do not expect to receive a referral with the first batch that are due in January but I am very excited for the families ahead of me. I have been getting to know these families on the agency's forum. It's great we can all celebrate together and whine together. The five families in paperwork limbo are getting very positive updates and even pictures of their babies. The pictures were taken in Santa costumes which is interesting in a basically non-Christian country. There has also been staffing changes and so on.....I feel very good about all of this wonderful news and can't wait to see what 2008 will have to offer.
Scroll down to see a slide show of our snowy trip to Durango last weekend.