"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Five Month Mark

Today is five months of waiting. Only one month to go until we're in that window of a possible referral. I highly doubt one will come in the near future. There still has not been a referral out of our agency since the spring. The whole system has really slowed down with all the changes and improvements that are constantly being made. The agency forum is very anxious about the lack of progress and question whether it's the agency or the system. This is understandable and I too have my anxieties. I wish they would assign a number to each family in the category of the type of child you're wanting to adopt. This group wants boys, this group wants an older child and this group wants a girl in this age range. Then, they could assign you a number within the group you fall in to. It's very frustrating not knowing how many people are infront of you. If, I'm number 220 and the pace of referrals remains constant then I'm going to be 220 years old before anything happens. Hopefully, after the new year, there will be a lot going on.