"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Back Log in Vietnam

http://www.petitiononline.com/1600/petition.html

"Change is good" they always say. I agree with this 100% but with change there is consequences and in this case I am speaking of the back log now occurring in Vietnam. The change I have already discussed in regards to the USCIS will now do the Visa process before we travel instead of in-country. This will save us an extra week from being over there and it also protects us from fraudulent paperwork. I am prepared for what this change means for me and welcome it as a huge improvement to the process. However, my heart goes out to those who were caught in the transition period and are waiting anxiously to travel. They are much further along then we are....their bags are packed and their babies are waiting. Some were even ready to go with a date in sight and are still here waiting to travel.....months later. The above link is a petition for the USCIS to send over additional staff to catch up on the paperwork and get these families to Vietnam to bring their babies home. Read it....sign it......thank you.

No comments: