Brought our little girl home from S Korea and still praying for the orphans in Vietnam
"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE
Sunday, January 27, 2008
The Feedback So Far
The latest update has really given my agency's forum something to talk about. The general consensus is that those at the beginning of the list should be ok if the system closes. There is more concern for those at the end of the list. I have only been able to guess where we are on the list. I believe it's safe to say that we are in the top 20 on the list. If this is the case, there should be enough time for us to be home with our baby. There is also the feeling that even if you just have a referral at the time they close; that these families would be permitted to finish the adoption process and bring their babies home. I know that we should have a referral by then. We are trying to research how things were handled when the system closed a few years ago to get some indication how things will go IF they close. However,I have read everything I can find and truly believe that the US wants to continue the relationship with Vietnam. Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment