"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Two Days To Go

The US has two days to submit their letter to renew. It will not happen. There are other ways for this to work out but there are only 6 months left before it closes. The two countries could enter into a new agreement clearing up any wholes in the system. Vietnam could also join the Hague Convention which would set the standards of practices for adoptions thus a renewal would not be necessary. Vietnam has been interested in joining since they reopened in 2005 and but even after all this time they have not done so. I don't believe they will join Hague within the next six months. I have not yet heard of the probability that we can be processed before the closure. I have emailed my case manager and I'm waiting to hear back. It's not looking good but none of this is a surprise. We have known about this coming for quite some time and the result is really what we all expected.

No comments: