Brought our little girl home from S Korea and still praying for the orphans in Vietnam
"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Eight Months Today
If I were pregnant, I wouldn't have long to go but unfortunately in the life of a adopting mom I have no idea how long it's going to take. There has not been any new news and no confirmation of processing only Hague agencies. We have not received an update from the agency in a while. I can't imagine how they are dealing with all the back lash from the last 3 weeks. Emotions have been especially high since the bilateral agreement was not signed the end of February. It did not come as a surprise to anyone but the finality that this might bring with it has put everyone on edge. The forum is busy with talk but mostly from the same 3-4 people who I think tend to forget that it is the agency's forum and all that is being written is also being read. I have always kept this mind in any of my entries. - Hopefully, this Friday will bring an update with some good news of possible referrals or at least a plan on how referrals will come in once this whole thing works itself out. I don't see any referrals coming through until "plan B" is set in place between the US and VN. They would be at risk of allowing a referral to be accepted (+$6,000 acceptance fee) without the foresight of knowing if that referral will develop into a complete adoption. So far, this agency has been very cautious. So, I predict that nothing will happening for at least 4-6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment