In the midst of all this pending doom, the world is still working to keep adoptions with Vietnam going. It is amazing to me to see organizations like JCICS and Ethica moving to make things better. As you can tell from my posts, I have had little hope of all this having a positive outcome. There are very encouraging posts on the JCICS website dated March 7. I have provided a link in the left side bar for everyone to read. There is too much information to sum up in a post. Please go and read now before reading rest of this post to understand.
Now, my agency is not on the current list of Hague agencies. To compare numbers, there are currently 42 agencies licensed in Vietnam for adoption. Twenty of these agencies are on the initial Hague agency list. So, a little less than 50% are Hague as of right now, so I don't feel as though my agency is in the minority of not being on the list. My case manager has said that their agency is in the category of "pending" approval and I hope they are approved by April 1. I am curious to see if my agency is not on the list by April 1 if they can be approved by Vietnam for licensure when they are officially approved even if it is after April 1. Will the licensing of agencies by Vietnam work in a rolling process like that of adding agencies to the Hague list. This will be question for my case manager if this information is even available yet given this recent development. I still have not heard back from her in regards to my other questions so I don't think I will add any more to her right now. It looks like though that it would be in my best interest to go ahead and update my home study just in case all this hard work by so many people pays off.
No comments:
Post a Comment