I filled out the new packet of forms for AAC Adoption Agency and included 3 checks to be officially put on the list. I hope this works for this will be our final attempt. If a program that is 50 years old falls apart, then it's just not meant to be! I'm considering changing the website name to be Korean but I'm hesistant until I get final confirmation from the agency that we are on the list. Hopefully, Koreanladybug isn't taken.
I met a lady at the pool yesterday with a 5 year old boy from Korea and they used AAC. She couldn't say enough positive things about the agency. I told her that they had been denied Hague Accreditation. She was very suprised and I don't think she believed me. I told her that it was on the State Department's website which I'm sure went right home and looked it up. She said over and over again that it must be some mistake. She knew that the founders the Nebo family and Dr. Kim parted ways (amicably) because Dr Kim didn't want to comply with Hague. She's now doing her own thing with international adoptions. This lady was very confident in the way that they did adoptions. She also had a 7 year old girl from China, different agency, so she has something to compare AAC to for how things should be run. I told her about my situation of having paperwork that needed to be kept current. Her comment to that was "They'll probably fast track you so that you don't have to do it for the third time." I doubt it but it's a nice thought. There are many play groups and meetings and pot luck for Korean adoptees in our area. It was great to talk to her and relieved my anxiety abit.
Technically, we are still logged into Vietnam and are still on "a list". I believe that as long as the government of VN has our dossier then we are still a go with VN....technically speaking. As for us personally, even if VN did a complete rebuilding and adoptions continued, we wish to be with a rock solid program. In Korea, housing and medical care is easily available and quite accectable for un-wed pregnant mothers to seek out during their pregnancy. Un-wed mothers are the majority of relinquishing parents for adoption. We will receive very good medical and family history information on birth mothers. Nearly all children are in foster care until they leave for adoption. Korea has made a law which states, "any abandoned child is not eligible for adoption and will remain in the government's care" which has made abandonment basically non-existent.
1 comment:
Hope It Works Out For you guys
Post a Comment