"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Study Update-Done

We had our home visit for the update. We've had our medical exams. I redid my Colorado fingerprints and Steve still needs to go get his done. It has finally stopped raining so he can run out and do this. I still need a letter from my employer, children's health forms fill out by Dr, and 12 or so pictures of our home and property. I also believe that we need to submit a country change letter to the state department for the child's visa. We also have to attend education courses required by the state which should be about a day and a half of classes. Our social worker will be having some the beginning of Sept. So in about three weeks we should be done with all of this and can just sit back and enjoy the rest of our wait.

I asked her about the stability of the agency and she expressed she has no concerns regarding the Korean program but of course the China program is suffering with the Hague denial. My main concern of the licensing by the state has not been brought to her attention until now, but she will specifically look into it and will get back to me. I shared with her the state's website and she expressed not the question of the "accuracy" of the information by the possibility of the lack of updated information to the website. The social worker assured me that any action from the state does not occur without giving an agency ample time to correct and improve their system. Those things reported by the state in Apr and May '08 are being addressed by our agency and they have submitted necessary documentation to the state. It appears this is an on-going process and yes it was all prompted by the Hague denial. I have contacted the Colorado licensing agent specifically involved with our agency's licensing and hope to hear from her by the end of the week. I am interested in exactly how long a period of improvement can last and how this newly submitted paperwork is doing at meeting the state's criteria.

No comments: