"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Sunday, September 7, 2008

AAC....HAGUE ACCREDITED

I went to my state required adoption core training classes this weekend. As soon as I walked in the door, Jan (our homestudy social worker) told me that AAC received their Hague accreditation that morning. This is such a huge relief and accomplishment for AACC!!! Again, we don't need it with a Korean adoption but it shows that the agency is operating within the strict parameters set by the Hague Convention.--The Hague Convention in the adoption world is like the Geneva Convention in the time war. Most international adoption countries are Hague countries (Korea is not) and the US became Hague April 1, 2008.

I also believe that we may have moved up to #21 but have not heard from the agency officially. I'm very relieved with all this great news. Now, I can relax and enjoy the wait until we get our daughter.

No comments: