We have received some wonderful news this last week and have met some requirements with great ease. On Friday Sept 5, our current agency received their Hague accreditation. Sept 5 and 6, I finished my state required adoption core training classes. On Wednesday, the state inspector who inspects our current agency returned my call from about a month ago. She answered all my questions and reported that the agency was in complete state compliance as reflected in them receiving their Hague. They are not up for re inspection until June 2009. The Air Force called me to ask where they could send me my requested paperwork. Since we have military health insurance, I needed a signed statement that our health insurance will cover our adopted child immediately and that pre-existing conditions will be covered. With the military, I had fully anticipated that this paperwork would require multiple inquiries and trips to the base and phone calls to get it done. Instead, I sent one email with an attachment of the form (a successful email with an attachment that the recipient was able to open was a huge success for me in itself!!!). The signed form is in the mail as we speak. I have to say that the phone call scared me to death at first..."Hello Mrs Bassett....this is first operating officer (or something like that) Ms Tulley and needed to speak to you"...... it was enough to give me a heart attack!!!!
But, everything is really just seeming to fall into place with this adoption and I am beginning to let myself get really excited about it. I even bought her a doll....its from Preschool and its called Busy lil Dragonfly....it's an Asian doll that rattles and her PJs have dragonflies all over them and she's really soft and really cute. That and one Minnie Mouse outfit is all I've allowed myself to buy but when Steve saw the doll....well atfirst he thought Shane picked it out but that's a different story, Shane's going to be a great Daddy someday.....but when Steve saw the doll he just looked at me and said, "And so it begins huh honey". Yeah, I'm afraid so. Eight years of boys things has led to a lot of built up girl shopping urges.
There's a chance that there is an insurance policy out there somewhere that would allow us to file a claim and get some of our money back given to our Vietnam agency. Money for services not provided kind of claim. Really in looking at what went out for what, I don't believed that much would be returned to us but I'll take what I can get. So, it was a good week. I really haven't had a positive experience like this since beginning our adoption journey which begain 4 years ago this fall. We're due!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment