"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Returns Without A Receipt

I have begun the paperwork to try to get some of our money back. Our former agency has an insurance policy which we can place a claim with. I am officially on the list as a complainant. Another list.....just lovely. Anyway, tomorrow I will transcribe a letter in duplicate to two different parties. One will be to the claims director in Arizona addressed to the directors of the agency and the second to the insurance company in, of all places, Cherry Hill, NJ (very close to my home town). I need to provide an outline of my contract with them and a list of fees paid out to them. I am not aware of the guidelines or qualifications to make a claim to the insurance company.

All of this may be fruitless if I do not qualify. With the enormity of this pay-out, I expect the insurance company to deny any claim that they possibly can. At which point, I could jump into the inevitable class action lawsuit that will follow this rejection. You see, the injured parties here are childless or wanting more children couples who have faced infertility, the possible prospect of a successful adoption, and now a large loss of money...an absolute roller coaster ride. There is not a more motivating cause for someone then when another party threatens their family and their money. It's not going to be pretty. How much could I get back if a miracle were to happen and all my agency fees were returned...$10,500.00. (This does not include any outside document costs and home study fees which would not be covered under the insurance policy since all of these were from outside sources.) So, on I go, to fight another fight....

No comments: