"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'll Take This Frustration Over The Other Frustration Any Day

Last week, I found out that one of our very expensive pieces of paperwork will not be usable in our Korean adoption. But, I have to say that this piece of bad news is nothing like all the bad news that trickled in month after month during our adoption attempt with Vietnam. This bad news means more money that we have to save....the other bad news meant that we would not have the daughter that we wanted so badly and that news came to us a piece at a time over a long period of time. It was like that scene in a movie when the main character is hanging over a cliff holding onto a rope and slowly the rope is being cut strand by strand by the sharp rocks.

Don't get me wrong....the extra hours at work are painful in their own way and the loss of money is also painful but it's not at all like the pain we experienced before. And have you seen how quickly we're moving up the list.....it's been absolutely amazing. Yes, I'll take this over the other any day!!!!

No comments: