"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thank you Immigration Office

I did a little foot work in regards to my previous post about not being able to use one of our documents. I figured it didn't hurt to pursue it on my own with the US immigration office directly basically ignoring what my agency thought. I had heard that the US was going to really work with the Vietnam families for a smooth transition in light of the disaster that most of us experienced. Well, unlike the debates, they really stuck by their word. I received the paperwork today to pay only $140 to be refingerprinted. This will enable us to use our one time free renewal of our immigration form "Advanced Processing of Orphan Petition" which if we had to renew from the start would have been about $1,000. Now this renewal is only good for 18 months from the time of fingerprinting. This will allow us until April 2010 to finish our adoption. There will be bigger problems if it takes that long.

No comments: