
I suppose it is very possible that our little girl has already been born. This could possibly be her first Christmas. I'm not sure if her foster family celebrates Christmas or if December 25 will be just another day in her new little life. So, of course, we bought her a doll for her very first Christmas even if it's not here with us. And I bought her a princess blanket to match the ones we got for the boys this year...the boys got boy blankets of course.
We are expecting a referral this summer or fall. At the time of referral, she will be at least 6 months old since Korea does not allow a child to go up for international adoption until they are 6 months old. If I add the time of getting her into the international adoption program to her age, then I am thinking that she has already been born and is with her foster family. It is comforting to know that every day of her life will be documented and that she will never be alone. Her mother will give birth in Eastern's hospital and the baby will stay in the hospital until she can go to her foster family.
Eastern Adoption Services will make regular visits to the home and the foster home can only be within a half an hour from their office. She will have so many very special people looking after her until she finally comes home to us. .
2 comments:
Hey we are with AAC and I wanted to let you know there has been movement on "the list." Good luck!!!
Congrats on being on the list for Korea!! You are on your way!!We began our journey last Jan, got the referral Oct 7 and now we are waiting to travel. We also got caught in the Jan delay and they tell us we are supposed to go at the end of this month. We are going to post to our blog while we are there so keep in touch. I obsessively watched you tube videos and cried. LOL Anything to feel connected to the process I guess. Hope your process goes smoothly. Thanks for sharing your story.
Dina
Post a Comment