"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And The Answer Is...No $$$$$

I received a reply from the insurance company covering my previous adoption agency. Since this was a breech of contract, the insurance company will not cover any money we paid to them. I found it interesting that the insurance company described it as a "breech of contract". This of course would mean that we could possibly have a lawsuit against the agency. It would mean hiring an attorney ($$$) and trying to get blood from a stone (---$$$$). The reason they went out of business was because they were financially in the red and had been running in the red for quite some time. I feel as though our only hope was an insurance claim. I don't believe that going after a broke adoption agency will result in any money returned to us and would involve more money, time and energy than we could ever possibly recover. I am still going to listen in on others who are pursuing a lawsuit and maybe jump in later. I wish it had worked out since with this other agency's insurance company, we were due back $10k when they terminated our contract. A complicated item of pursuing a lawsuit is that all legal filing must be done within the state of Arizona where the agency is headquartered. If anyone has any legal advice....we should could use it.

No comments: