"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Monday, March 2, 2009

Buzz.....Buzz....Buzz

One referral.....or is it two???? Rumor has it that two referrals came in on Friday the 27th and one of those was formally accepted today.

When a referral first comes into the agency, it goes out to the family at #1 for "review" in which the family has about 1-2 days to formally accept it. Once they formally accept it, we all move up a spot. I called on the 23rd and was up to #9. I have not called yet to verify that we could be at #7 but our agency yahoo group has been very busy with congratulations to the one family who has officially accepted their referral. There's always a chance that the other referral could be a little boy and therefore would not move us up since they keep a boys list and a girls list.

I usually like to wait to call to see us move up a few spots at at time instead of just one. However, with us getting to the single digits, we need to know so that we're not caught being unprepared. I'm sure I will give in and call tomorrow to see where we are.....I'm loosing self-control the closer we get to #1.

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Thanks for the warning, I can't believe how quickly we all are moving up! HOW EXCITING! I just called AAC last week and so I think I will hold off until maybe next week. I hate to be bother. I bet they got a FLOOD of phone calls in the past day or two. I know they love answering the phone and no one is a bother, but I like to move up 2-3 at a time, just like you. Let me know what you find out!