"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Monday, April 6, 2009

Hague and Vietnam

In Vietnam's government meeting this month, the discussion of signing the Hague Convention was brought up. I have yet to find a detailed summary of this meeting and how far into discussions they went in regards to the Hague Convention. The fact that they even brought it up is at least a step in the right direction. The orphans and children of Vietnam would benefit from Vietnam joining Hague. I hope someday Vietnam will be able to adopt with the United States. I don't believe that my husband would entertain the idea of adopting from Vietnam after Korea. Thank goodness my husband is as generous and giving as he is reasonable and practical. We will be done after the adoption from Korea but I will always follow and support a relationship between America and Vietnam in regards to adopting.

And I would be lying if I didn't admit that a small part of my mothering instinct still feels as though there's a little girl of mine over there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all can only hope that there will be peace in their country someday. I hope that regardless of what happens you are able to get your lil' ladybug. Love ya Kelly

Heather said...

I am also hoping for a resolution between the Us and Vietnam so more children can come home to their forever families. I also have a mothers instinct another one of my children is waiting for me in Vietnam(Not that my Husband would agree with this right now while in the process of raising our 24 month Vietnamese twins). If I continue to feel this way I will gently urge until he feels it also. I would not have the Twins if I had not persisted but he's the one who ended up wanting two.

Adoption will change your life and you might be surprised how your Husbands views might change once you have the child home. You never know what he future holds. A child from Vietnam might still be in it.

I wish you all the luck with your Korean adoption!!

Heather-Ap to 24 month old twins from Lang son,Vietnam