"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thankfulness

In my work as a high risk OB ultrasound tech, I am allowed the opportunity to share a very intimate moment for a mom and dad during a very frightening time. I am their ambassador into the world of their unborn child. Most of my work is full of great news and joyous emotions. And then there are those babies who change my life forever. I'm not one to remember names but for these babies.....Samuel and Pierce and Maddox. I will never forget them or their parents. To share in this moment as an outsider is completely inspring and humbling.

It has been weeks since Mother's Day and it is at this time of year that I think of those mommies. I also put into place in my heart and mind what is truly important and significant. I am thankful. I am humble. My first little angle who awed me was Samuel....sweet baby. Currently, it is Pierce who I met last week...still inside the safety of his mommy's womb. Like Samuel, I was witness to faith and belief from his parents. Unbelievable strength comes the parents who unfortunately have only a brief time with their babies. I honor these babies and parents who I have learned so much from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for what you do. I had a high risk pregnancy last time, and the ultrasound technicians were always so sweet. Our maternal-fetal medicine doctor also helped us through some tough times. Thankfully, our baby arrived safe and sound... but through the emotions and uncertainty, the kindness of those who worked with us was such a strength. I'm sure it's even more so when there's no happy news. I remember thinking how much of a difference people make, even if they are "just doing their job". Thank you!

Dina said...

I second the above comment. Looks like you are so close to getting that referral call. SO exciting!!!

Jayme said...

Such a sweet post and very touching. Thank You.

Congrats on moving closer to your little girl!!!