Beginning Friday afternoon, the number for the NVC was constantly busy. I finally got through and got our log in date of January 29. It has not been logged out yet. The lady I got recommended calling back on Thursday to check for log out. I am going to try and control myself to not call until Thursday. I want to give the Haiti families opportunity to get through. We'll see how well I can control myself.
I got an email from the family who took the boy home last week. They loved our foster parents. They got to see Aspen during one of their visits and they described her as "happy and smiling...a tough cookie and handles roughness pretty well playing with my son......great personality...speaks very well...".
I spoke to our agency about how they plan our transition meetings when we get to Korea. They MAY allow us to meet with her up to 3-4 times while we're there based on how the first meeting goes. More meetings will mean that there's more transition time needed. (So, if you only get one visit then no more, it means that Eastern is very happy with what they saw and have no concerns.) We MAY get 1 on 1 with her during one of these meetings. We MAY get her the night before we leave to spend the night with us in the hotel....also translates into that Eastern thinks that more time is needed for adjustment. The family, who took the little boy, got him the night before they left due to his age of almost 3 years old.
The agency will call Korea this week to see if she's adjusting better to him being gone and they will let me know. I should get this update along with the log out date later this week.
6 comments:
Yea for more progress! You will get a letter in the mail from NVC about two days after you are logged out that says it has been forwarded to the embassy! Hopefully this week!!!
Sorry Aspen is having a hard time. :(
Her care package should get there next week! e
Woohooo for progress! Now if we could just get the EP's going! Hoping to hear that Aspen is doing better in your next update. She been on my mind lately. Hang in there!
I'm glad to hear you've been logged in! We'll keep Aspen in our prayers as she adjusts to life without her FB. I'm hoping things will go quickly for you because of this!
WAHOOO for movement! Soon Soon you will be on your way!
Glad to hear that you're moving along. It won't be long now, I know it will be hard to get through the week, but hang in there. Hopefully, AAC will have some updates in the next week or so on what's going on with EP's and what we can expect for the future. We have to get you over there to pick up your sweet Aspen.
Hooray!! Boy does progress feel good...I'm so glad you are officially logged in and I hope the rest moves fast from here on out!
Post a Comment