"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One Week

One week ago today, we became a complete family. A week home and we have the most amazing little girl. She is sleeping from 10pm to 10am. I think she has combined her 10 hour sleep time with her two hour nap. She does not nap during the day at this point. She is eating better.....well she's eating more but she still sticks to the foods that she likes: yogurt, fruit, rice, meat and Kix cereal. She asks for "chocolate Milk" and it sounds like she has a southern accent.

We went out to dinner last night for the first time with her. She sat in a high chair for the entire meal and played. She enjoys her car seat and pretty much from the beginning has slipped her own arms into the straps. Her foster parents must have used a car seat at some time for she really seems used to it. Her initial anxiety was with the car itself and not the carseat but I believe that she was holding onto the memory of fosterdad putting her into the van and shutting the door and being gone forever. This anxiety stopped once she saw me get in and now goes in very easily.

Two nights ago, we got to Skype with the foster family. They called late after she was asleep and they got to see her sleeping along side of Blake. The foster mom was wiping tears and foster dad was smiling from ear to ear at just the sight of her. We're going to Skype again so they can silently watch her play in her room. It really made them happy just to watch her. I have grown to feel as though they are our family, too. I worry about them in Seoul with the growing tension between North and South Korea.

I have pictures to post but at night when I can get on my computer I never seem to have my camera nearby and I don't dare leave when she's first asleep for she's very mobile until she falls into a deep sleep. Have I mentioned how absolutely wonderful she is???? She really is!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my lovebug: Look at the bonding progress in just one week. Each week will bring more bonding experiences - you have come a long way with Aspen.
Technology has made it possible to read about and share in your happiness. It is so wonderful that the foster family can actually see the loving home that Aspen shares with all of you. You have valid concern for them at this trying time in Korea. Keep the posts and pictures coming - we love them.
Love, Mom

Jayme said...

How adorable. That is SO COOL that you maintain contact with the Foster Family! What a blessing for them AND you. Really neat. What a little cutie miss Aspen is. Glad she is settling in nicely.

Tracie said...

Wow! That is great that you can Skype with the FF!!!

Every time I read your blog I am just overjoyed that everything is going so well. I sound redundant... but I am so happy for you!

Brittany said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing what a week brings. I'm so happy that things are progressing so well for you guys. I love that the foster family get to share in this part of her life too- that is so special.