Aspen and her Daddy had a pivotal moment today. It really began last night when she slept on his chest or snuggled up to him all night. There's something to be said for co-sleeping. She was playing with a toy in the kitchen and a piece fell on the floor. He picked it up and handed it to her, which before would have sent her running or she would have swatted at his hand in anger. But today, she took it from him and looked at him to help her put it together. They played and laughed and he got to feed her. He was able to pick her up for about 10 sec but then she wanted down. They interacted for about 1.5 hours and then she was just ready to go do something else. It was a huge step for the two of them.
Now, that the bonding is beginning I can share how their first meeting went. It wasn't funny then but doesn't seem so bad now. On that first night, we took her to her room to play and Steve got down on the floor close to her. She took one look at him and attacked his head like a wild squirrel. She went for his eyes and pulled his hair so hard that his scalp hurt for days. So to go from that them playing together is a big deal for all of us.
5 comments:
What a huge step for Aspen and Steve. I am so thrilled for them both. Like you said, it can't be easy wanting to pick a darling child up, and she not wanting it to happen. I knew it was only a matter of time. Children have a way of making life wonderful and rewarding. Thank you for sharing your moments with us. I can't wait to hear the next chapter!
Love you!
Yea, Steve!!!
:)
It's good to hear the reality of bring home children. Not every moment is easy or great- but things keep progressing day by day! I'm happy to hear Aspen is warming up to Steve! I hope the bonding continues to make progress
That is a huge step! I bet it melted his heart. :O)
Great news! Thank you for sharing the reality of what can happen.
Post a Comment