"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nothing Stays The Same Forever

If you've had the honor of seeing or talking to me or Steve first thing in the morning, then you've heard each and every morning.."That little 24lb girl kicked the stuffing out of me all night!" It's unbelievable how much she can put behind a kick or an elbow in her sleep. We were hoping that the middle of night flops and turns would calm down after she was with us for awhile. Unfortunately, they have not and Momma and Daddy need some regular sleep. We would have co-slept with her until she was ready to leave our bed but out of necessity....it's time for her to go. I find myself sleeping with a pillow over my face (I'm a back sleeper) because it's the only way that I can allow myself to go into a deep sleep and won't fear a limb coming in for attack. She doesn't come fully awake during these boxing rounds unless she thinks I'm not in bed with her. If she can't see me (under the pillow), she will wake up calling for me. So, last night she climbed into her own bed with a doll and was pretending to me. She cover up the doll like I do to her and she laid down with it like I do. Sweet vision isn't it. Well, I didn't get to enjoy this sweet moment for too long for the light bulb went on over my head. She might just fall asleep in here and wouldn't that be just W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L.
She has taken a few naps in her room but I usually plan these when I need her to take a short nap. She does not sleep well in there and will wake up about 1/2 an hour earlier from her nap which is usually 2 hours.

At night, the first 4-5 hours she is calm and lays in one spot then about 2:30 the gymnastics begin. Last night, I went in when I heard her and just brought her to bed with us and we took the usual abuse of limbs. Tonight, I stuck to the same plan. I got her doll and was half expecting her to catch on and just throw a fit. She whined but was pretty compliant (in general, she's a compliant little girl). I laid there with her until she fell asleep. I plan to bring her to bed with us for awhile mostly because she's in a toddler bed and I don't fit so well in there with her and her doll. My next plan is to make a bed on the floor next to her and stay with her until she falls back to sleep in the middle of the night. That's my plan. I have such a neck problem that I don't know if I'll be able to stick to that plan and we may need to just buy her a bigger bed. Actually, it may need to be a mattress on the floor because twice she has gone up and over a bed rail in her sleep, that's how much she moves in the middle of night. I hope she does ok with this because I'm really going to miss her and it will be difficult to stay strong for sleep's sake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To my lovebug: Doesn't sound like fun at all! Sounds like you will have to move into her room until she adjusts there. The trundle bed sounds like a winner to me. Over time you will be able to leave her in her own room. As a matter of fact, the day will come when she won't want you invading her space!!!! Anyway, good luck. Love you, Mom