"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Love You's and Hugs

It has been a little over two months that Aspen came home. Wow, it's been all that we've ever dreamed of. She is awesome and adorable and adaptable. She came all the way to us from Seoul pm a very long plane trip. She has been to the west coast and the east coast. She did a 18 hour road trip and a 3+ hour plane ride. She has met cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents and friends. She has nearly mastered a new language and can understand everything that we say to her. She still throws in a random Korean word from time to time and cannot give up her favorite Korean cry of "a goo guy ya" which we have determined just means "I want...". We mostly hear the Korean come out when she is frustrated or in a hurry.

She has gone from running away from Daddy to running to Daddy to give him a hug. His first hug was just 2 days shy of her two month home anniversary. She always repeats what we say to her, sometimes I think she understands and other times it's just a meaningless echo of our words. I say, "I love you" and she will repeat it back. Tonight for the first time, she said it to me first and curled up real tight on my lap. It felt like she knew what she was saying and truly meant it.

She will now sit through a movie in a theater. Our first movie attempt I couldn't even walk to our seats and I had to leave. We were able to finally leave her at the country club day care for 2 hours with her brothers while we went to eat dinner.

She has come so far and we've learned so much about each other. We're a perfect match.

2 comments:

SNC said...

Great post...the "l love you" piece brought tears to my eyes...I long for that moment to happen when she's able to say it. For now, I just get looks, tight hugs and kisses which I translate as "I love you"... I'm so happy that everything is going well...she is a beauty.

Brittany said...

She is doing so well in such a short time!!! When I really think about how much these little ones have been through I marvel at their ability to adjust and love. They are precious gifts!