"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My LADYBUG.......





She insisted on adding the little knee pads to her ensemble. It wouldn't have been my choice but she was quite intent on putting them on. Now a days, she "insists" on many of her choices so I just pick my battles. Atleast, they're red.





I love the little whimsical expression that she has!!




After she got it on, she had to run into our room to show Dadddy. She ran with her arm out stretched saying, "Look, Mommy. I can fly like Tinkerbell."



I think I bought this costume 4-5 years ago. It has hung in a closet all these years. It was such a joy to put it on Aspen this morning as a dress rehearsal for tonight. Tonight, I will need to layer clothes underneath so it wouldn't look quite the same. I'm glad I did because she just loves it. She twirled around and pretended she could fly. It brought tears in my eyes. She is so happy and just loves life. I can't wait for the boys to see her in it for they get just as choked up about her as I do.

Happy First Halloween, Aspen!!!!!!!!!!!


Sorry, I could not get this photo to flip but it is too cute to exclue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my lovebug: She is the cutest "ladybug" I have ever seen -even with those knee pads on. I remember many years ago getting you dressed up to go out trick or treating! Of course, you really didn't care what I put on you - anything was OK with you. Have a good time tonight with Aspen on her first Halloween experience, and the boys too. Love you, Mom

Brittany said...

It only makes sense that she would be a lady bug! How adorable.