We got ready and Grandma and Grandpa came to help get Aspen ready to go to court.
Karlla bought Aspen an adorable pair of shoes and a beautiful jewelery box.
All dressed and camera hand, Aspen was ready for her big day!!!!!
We had a wonderful group of family and friends to go with us to the court date. It was about 2 hour drive up to Fort Collins. Here we are walking into the court house in Larimer County.
Here's Daddy giving the boys a little talk on what - to do and not to do - while in the court room.
The boys have been such a huge part of this adoption from the very beginning. It was so incredible to have them right there with us.
The judge asked us the formal questions of who we were and the basic legal information. I'm so glad it was smooth and relaxed. Thankfully, I got all my tears shed in the hours before getting to court.
Aspen was more interested in playing with my bracelets than any of the procedures going on.
I cannot say enough about Judge Williams. He was amazing. After we were done, he let the boys go up to his bench. He let them play the his gavel. Shane got to say,(prompted by the court clerc.) "Off with his head" into the microphone. He got a big kick out of that! The judge didn't rush us out of the court room and we got to take MANY MANY pictures. My battery was dead by the time we got to the restaurant.
November 18, 2010 @ 4:26pm Aspen became a "Bassett".
Here it is...a piece of paper that speaks volumes. Everything that this paper means. The story that this piece paper tells. All of the events that led up to this paper even being possible. It could not possibly fit on this one sheet of 8x11.
We had a nice celebration afterward at a Mexican restaurant near the court house. It was very good. She was worn out and slept half way home and then went immediately to bed. It's finally official what we've know all along. She's ours.
6 comments:
To my lovebug: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I couldn't wait to look at your blog today and be able to see all the wonderful pictures, and read the events of the finalization process. Everytime I look at these pictures I am thrilled at the small part I played by giving you this beautiful dress long ago, that I knew someday a little princess would wear; little did I know the dress would play such an important part now. FOUR BASSETT LOVEBUGS - your life is finally complete - such a beautiful family. Love all of you, Mom
Congrats again! Love the pics! The 'off with his head' part cracked me up! Too funny. Your family is adorable.
Glad your judge was a little nicer than ours. I found out later that he just wants to make sure that these babies get a good home. Still, I think the homestudy and the rigorous process proved THAT! Oh well.
Happy Finalization Day! A day we will always remember!
Congratulations! I got choked up reading this and looking at the wonderful pictures. Just thinking back to our journey and the delays, the waiting, etc. Oh Karen, I'm so happy for you and your family. The day finally came - you're family is complete :) Beautiful little girl and lovely family. Cheers my friend.
Hooray, Hooray...Need I say more? I think not. That sums it all up.
So happy for your entire family!
Amber
CONGRATULATIONS Karen!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. What a joyous day, Aspen's day! We have our finalization day December 14 and are counting the days and the celebration with all of our family!
Congratulations Karen!!!!
Aspen's dress was beautiful. I love that you were able to take so many photos. We have the same judge so now I'm even more excited for Dec 14th!!!
I know the holidays are busy but we'd love to get together soon!
Post a Comment