"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homestudy Denied by State

Once again, our Vietnam nightmare has found its way into our Korean adoption. A little dramatic but it stinks and will prolong bringing her home. We need to redo our homestudy since our homestudy, which was done with our Vietnam adoption, is in the "old" format. Should this have been seen by someone...probably but can't change it.

Our process is then stuck at the state level and cannot go to immigration until it's redone. I'm predicting atleast a month set back in the overall timeline. I have to say, I'm not surprised by this since I've been a "glass half empty" pessimist when it comes to adoption. Our old social worker is not longer with AAC and we have been reassigned with someone who will have to start over again with us which not help in getting this done in a timely matter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, Karen!! That is just awful!! The ONLY silver lining is that Korea is taking incredibly long to process emigration permits and your homestudy will hopefully be done and I600 approved still by the time that happens. I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you..but, in the end, she will come home and I hope it does not result in her coming home later at all!

Jayme said...

You have GOT to be kidding me!!?? Kelly has a point, EVERYTHING is taking longer. Hopefully it won't be long to have it redone, though. Hopefully.

Shelley said...

This stinks SO MUCH! We had to wait 3 weeks to have a correction made in our homestudy before the state would approve it. It was literally adding an 's' to one word and the word 'not' in another place.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I would REALLY bet that it won't slow anything down. You should get a fast I600 approval, and then you will be waiting with the rest of us in the P3 lounge...