"Two different lives, Shaped to make yours one....... One became your guiding star, The other became your sun...... The first gave you life, And the second taught you how to live it........ The first gave you a need for love, And the second was there to give it." --MOTHER'S BRIDGE

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pre Arrival Meeting at AAC

We went up for our information meeting in anticipation of Aspen coming home. It also included information on what to be prepared for at the beginning during the adjustment period and information on the details of traveling. There was an hour with an agency worker going over paperwork and an hour with a social worker going over grief processes and its symptoms.

They did not have any new information for us. It was more of what we already know. Eastern is working on September referrals to be submitted for an EP. They are still waiting on EP's for August referrals. They submit for EPs once a month or sometimes twice a month. An EP processing time could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks. After EP approval, we would most likely travel 3-4 weeks after this approval.

Best case scenario (or as I would like to call the "Fair land scenario) would be 5 weeks if we are submitted this week for EP...not likely. Now, let's talk reality and the more realistic scenario. Our file may not leave Eastern for our EP until the end of March. Four weeks for EP puts us well into April ......then we wait 4 weeks until travel call.... into May now. It would not be impossible for us to waiting until the end of May or the beginning of June. This would fit into the 8+ month from referral until travel call that we have been seeing with other families for some time now.

It's not the 6 months we were told at time of referral but it will be here soon.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

I have relented to the eight month wait. I guess if it happens sooner, GREAT! But I have to prepare my heart for the eight months. Who knows? I am HOPING, for quicker EP's and that the impossible is still probable.

Anonymous said...

My lovebug: You have waited so long for your dream to come true - keep climbing that wall. Aspen is such a beautiful little girl. She will give you, Steve, and the boys many years of joy. You will forget the long wait once you have her in your arms. You will love your little girl as much as I love you.

Eun Jin Lee said...

I hope you get some movement soon. It seems like so long ago that you called to tell me about your sweet girl...
Something's gotta give.
I am still thinking of you.
At least you have some time to prepare and learn how much love she is going to need when you do bring her home.